Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mountain Mid Week

Done & Done ...
at least this much is cut, split and stacked.
It was scattered all over the place and under all the snow!
Looks like we'll have some wood for next year ... and thank goodness!
This much is still to be cut, split and stacked ...

As is all of this! It's amazing how much work it is to do these 3 little words ...
Cut, Split, Stack!
It was an AMAZING day as I stacked the right hand side of the container. I'd forgotten how incredible it is to actually break a sweat, get muddy, get wind blown, and accomplish a task outside in the wide open. I also forgot how sore one body will get with hours of unprepared physical labor! It is heaven ... and I am absolutely in it!

This is what the mountain looks like today ... sky not so blue and gorgeous, but incredibly wonderful at any rate! It rained (more like spit) off and on the entire time I was outside. The wind blew on and off ... and this is what it looked like. No way to explain how it felt, but it was very healing for this ole' gal. And I'm so very grateful for this day!

And right down below the wood stacking project were these guys ... watching every move I was making in case I got too close to their precious little ones. What they didn't realize is that they were my entertainment the entire time I was out there. There are 2 new babies that have added to the mix, but they just arrived yesterday and are too small to get out and frolic. I guess I'll have to wait a couple of days to get them photographed. 5 baby goats! Meanwhile ...

I have these to entertain me. I spent a good 10 minutes watching these two little ones head butting each other ... they'd push against each other's heads, then one or the other would fall over. It was hilarious and so fun to watch. Have I mentioned what a wonderful day I've had?

Momma goat finally figured out that I was taking her picture and posed at long last.
Perfect!
I haven't been to work in two weeks. Extended Spring Break of sorts. Real estate is not hopping up here yet. After all, we're still having snow. And rain is going to be happening daily since it's spring. I'm hoping to be home for a couple of months...or more. I'm trying to get the land cleaned up and get the flower beds and the garden beds ready for planting. Paul & I would like to grow as much of our own food as possible this summer. We've been asking mother nature to be good to us and let the sunshine some this year. Last year was way too soggy. I'd also like to get some mosaic inventory in the works, get some weaving finished, and get some pottery going.
First, I have to do the taxes. Dang!
Paul is busy refereeing now. He went to a game in the snow the other night, but they called the game because they couldn't see the lines! We're not in Kansas any more .... and certainly not in Orlando! HE did get to ref a game tonight. And he's home and all warmed up with a cup of tea and a warm dinner.
Hugh got a pretty good report on his health today. Thankfully! We are very grateful for that. I hope to get to see him tomorrow. Hope he looks great!
My sister and her husband (Cyndie & Paul) have been building a new house! It is almost finished, which is a HUGE accomplishment in this part of the country at this time of year with the weather challenges we've all had! I can only imagine how excited they are. And exhausted! Good luck to you two and I'm hoping you finish and move in with absolutely NO hitches or delays. Best of everything!
Well, must sign off and get on with things ...
Happy Friday everyone!
Paul & Cheri











No comments:

Post a Comment