Sunday, November 15, 2009

Today!

After several hours of digging, pulling, and scrounging, I've discovered that the bottom corner of our yard was once a pig pen. How do you know?, I hear you asking. Well, it's the smell! I pulled out entire trees worth of logs and limbs ... then our building contractor, Ben showed up with his mega cool back hoe and was able to unearth cinder blocks, and all sorts of things. It is finally cleared of debris ... something I've been staring at and wanting to do for 3 entire years. And it is finally done!
Whoo hoo!!!

I finally found these very comfy chairs at Sherry's antique store (Mother Nature's Closet) on Lower Street in Elk Park. They look perfect in the dining room, and finally made that table look like a regular table instead of a massive black piece of furniture. It looks great ... finally.

Here we have (l to r) Paul, John and John's son ... John is the cement guy that is going to pour the footers for the building tomorrow ... and then the pad for the building on Tuesday (fingers crossed since the weather is always in question around here!). We are seriously hopeful it'll get done before winter weather sets in and makes things much more complicated.

This is Ben with his back hoe. I am seriously respectful of this monstrous machine. A 14 foot arm's reach on this baby. Very impressive. He's told us stories of his swimming in the lake with this thing (accidentally, of course) ... and some other intriguing times of turning over and etc. The life of a mountain man ... so interesting. He also digs a lot of graves around here. It's always interesting to learn about other people's lives, isn't it?

Just look at this beautiful and gorgeous sky! It was a fairy tale kind of day. We are so very blessed. And I mean every word of that! Life is good!

I cannot tell you how very exciting this is! Finally... there is some kind of action on this building construction ... well at least the ground prep part! VERY exciting!!!!! We might be in business by the first of the year after all! I know I keep saying this ... but fingers crossed!!!! And Mr. Boone's goats have been coming to visit on a regular basis, I truly think they might be our good luck charms. The love climbing on the wood pile. SOOOOOO cute!!!!!

Ben Benefield, the great excavator! This man is one gentle giant. He has the most peaceful soul and demeanor I've ever been in the presence of. Such a treat.

AND as a bonus, those HUGE tree trunks and roots will be taking their leave. I know the neighbors are glad ... but I really think I am the happiest person to see them leave. I LOVE not having all the debris lying about. WOW! It's like cleaning out a closet ..... only much much bigger!
It was a GREAT day. We got a lot of things accomplished that have been in the works for a very long time. It feels as though some of our dreams are becoming reality. How does one possibly give thanks for all the abundance of gifts that are landing right before our eyes??? We're trying to figure that all out too.
Hoping everyone is healthy, happy and blessed this beautiful November day.
Paul & Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment