Sunday, June 01, 2008

Recital Season again!











It's said and DONE! Yesterday started with run throughs on the stage ... we went from the flowers in Alice in Wonderland to Flying a Kite ... on to No Strings attached (hip-hoppers, of course) ... and Mary and Bert with Supercal. Its was a great time had by all ... the local championship cloggers came in to round out the show (thank goodness ... it would've been a bit sparse!) and my sweet husband was the Master of Ceremonies. The children are precious and the performances were all just adorable. There is nothing quite as sweet as the children performing with their innocent smiles and big wide eyes, and nothing quite the same as the feeling when it's said and done! So for today, at least, I am reveling in the "it's Done!" factor. And my sweet M.C. is, of course, still sound asleep.
We have umpteen unfinished projects that need to be addressed. We found a FABULOUS round table that is big enough to seat the entire family if by chance they are ever all here together. In order to put that in the dining room, there are vast arrays of configurations to be considered. Although we spent plenty of time plotting and planning, the big huge round table still seems to be sitting in pieces in the hallway. It's a good thing this house is so big! We have plenty of space to store things until we seem to get to them!
We are also still halfway through the bathroom renovation. I started to hang the beautiful Victorian wallpaper I found in an antique shop, but unfortunately being antique paper, the glue is not working - old age I suspect. Just doesn't seem to activate with the water ... so I need to get some wallpaper adhesive and that requires a trip to town. That requires an extra hour. Maybe now that dance season is over ..... I've also got one wall left to paint.
The yard is overgrown with grass since the fertilizer was so effective! We did a great job of turning it all green though!! I hope Prince Charming will get up soon and attack the final side that needs the attention the most! I'm sure he'll want to go to soccer today so I have a very narrow window of "honey do" time to capitalize upon!
As i was frantically sewing costumes on Friday, Jennifer called me from the ER and reminded me that perspective is everything! My sweet and incredible daughter had an emergency appendectomy this past Friday. After writhing in unbelievable pain for about 24 hours, she finally went to the ER only to discover she had appendicitis! Good heavens!!! All is well, she is home and recovering with unbelievable speed. Apparently now the procedure is done through laparoscopy (sp?)which makes things SO much better. Heal quickly, Wonder Woman!
My niece (Erin, my brother's daughter) is in Africa working with HIV infected women. The stories she has told are unbelievable. There is so much basic ignorance about disease and where it comes from. She spends a great deal of time with the women and orphans. She's planning an a safari at the end of her time there, and is looking forward to that as a reward I think! She spent time in Amsterdam on the way to Africa and was very taken with the museums and beauty of the place. Also very entertained by the "red light" district, as all young folks seem to be.
My other niece, (Hollie, my sister's daughter) has been working with Alan Jackson on videos and has been having a marvelous time with the whole thing. I am quite sure she'll have a great summer filled with modeling jobs and perhaps some more video shoots. She seems made for it. Much luck to you, Hollie in all your adventures!
On a very serious note, my father's S.O., Elise is undergoing a biopsy tomorrow for a node in her lung. PLEASE send her good thoughts and serious prayers as she and her family go through this time. Elise, we are thinking of you non stop. God Bless.
The Dancer's Pointe is having their dress rehearsal this weekend. GOOD LUCK to ALL!!!! I have thought about you for the past couple of weeks. I certainly miss the excitement and the real show! Mr. Paul and I are definitely sending good thoughts!!! xxoo
SPA has their recital this coming weekend and we extend our best wishes and good luck to all of the SPA dancers too!!!!! Dana, and her lady tappers are always in my heart. Good Luck, Ladies and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!!!! I wish I were right along beside you! xoxo Haven't had my tap shoes on in 6 months or more. I MISS YOU ALL.
My sweet Prince has appeared, so off to make tea! Happy JUNE to all! It is finally warm here ... 70's at least. I actually broke a sweat yesterday ... could've been recital jitters, but I sort of doubt that as it was 78 degrees. For us, that's a major heat wave!
Good cheer to all,
Paul and Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment