Thursday, September 06, 2007

Current Projects and such ...































Well, as I'm sure you expected, things are not standing still here at the Glovers! We have so many things going on, it's getting a wee bit confusing to those of us who are trying to keep up with it all! Most of the confusion started when I began working the 3 jobs. It's a lot harder to get all the household things done when I'm not here! But so be it, the race is on!
I'm still working on this blinking mosaic. It's been a work in progress for a long time. Still in that category, but it is supposed to be my "Mountain Mosaics and More" sign (so to speak) ... there have been problems with the adhesive not sticking and when I grout it, the tiles are coming off ... so needless to say, I'm still trying to get it around to my way of thinking! Now I know I'm stubborn and persuasive and all that, but I must say ... this piece of stone is absolutely not giving in! Must be a lesson in here some place ... Anyway, there are numerous projects in the works on the mosaic table because the art festival is October 21st ... not too much more time to get some display items finished. Paul is going to put in some ornamental iron pieces and I'm hoping we'll make an impression (good one) on the community and get some work going on!
Paul decided to begin a flower box on the side of the house that gets the morning sun. I'm hoping the project gets finished before it snows ... we'll see ;-). He's spending a LOT of time playing softball. They're in the tournament phase now. He pitched a 4 inning win Monday night. I was so proud of him! Their team only had 8 players ......... so to win with a slaughter in the A Division was fun for him. Soccer season begins next week (I think) and he's going to be busy with that as we all knew he would. As long as we keep active, maybe we won't fall apart! HAHA! That's my story for having to teach hip hop and I'm sticking to it!
The garden is having a really good time growing out there. I think we're very lucky with the way the sun hits it, and the fact that mother nature seems to be our friend. Pictured here are:
yellow squash, corn, sugar snaps and our Halloween pumpkin!!!! Mold has started getting into things because of the soggy couple of weeks we had, so we're fighting against that a little bit. But we've had such a good time with it all that I really think it would be hard to ruin our fun.
The row of sunflowers was planted in honor of my momma. She loved them dearly and there is a family joke about her impatience in awaiting their blooming. I know she has had a hand in their growing this year. The top picture is definitely momma - standing tall with eyes wide open, smiling and shining. Thanks, mom!
On a larger scale, the leaves are really beginning to change and fall is in the air here. We're having 50 degree evenings and 80 degree days. It's GORGEOUS golfing weather, and just plain gorgeous all around. Today the sky was so blue it looked like a painting. It's just beautiful.
I'm missing a lot of the enjoyment of the outdoors because I've begun working so many hours. But the dance season has started back up, and it feels GREAT to move again. I must admit, I've missed the children and the exercise. So ... I can just enjoy life from indoors as usual! I'm working 30 hours/week (at least) at Lowes and am now in the windows and walls department (which means window treatment and wall coverings). I'm extremely busy from arrival until departure and it makes the time just fly by. I might not ever get used to some of the customers and their lack of manners, but I do so enjoy most of the time. I am also still helping the real estate office with getting their new website together ... which might be a project similar in time frame to this house! Lordy!
Paul and I have determined that we must put plastic covering in the crawl space under the house before we finish the floors. And we have to finish the floors this month due to the weather. So we will be busy, and somehow we will get this stuff into our schedules! Please keep good thoughts for us as we tackle yet another phase of the floors!!!! If you have any tips for us, (aside from hiring someone to do it) please don't be shy about telling us! We can use all the help we can get ... advice or physical labor!!!!
I think I need to send out happy birthday wishes to Hayden, Paul's nephew. I'm not sure if I have the right day on the calendar, but I think it was the 3rd. So Happy Birthday, Hayden.
Also, I had Mandy Taylor and Mandy Tweedle's birthday mixed up. So I wished Mandy Taylor a happy birthday in July, and it should've been Mandy Tweedle .... and now it's Mandy Taylor's turn. So, Happy Birthday ALL YOU Mandys!!!!!!
Well, I'll conclude this installment of the adventures of Paul & Cheri. We think about all of you out there more than you know. We frequently wonder to each other about what might be happening in your lives. So if you're so inclined, please write! We'd love to hear from you! And to all you Thursday noon tappers, I miss you gobs and bunches! And I hope I'm not late in wishing all the Dancer's Pointe dancers good luck with company auditions!
Happy Trails to all!
Paul & Cheri






1 comment:

  1. How nice your garden grows, the sunflowers have come on great since we were there, and goodness I don't remember seeing any sign of a watermelon, Cheri keep putting those veggies on his plate.
    Good for you Paul with the softball, keep up the sports, it keeps those joints moving.
    Once more we enjoyed our stay,and the weather was good to us.
    Mum & Dad.

    ReplyDelete