Sunday, April 22, 2007

Home, Sweet, Home!





























It was one of those days today ... the kind where the sky is so blue it's enough to make you believe in fairy tales! The air was so clear and smelled so sweet and the temperature was just perfect. We are so lucky! Paul & I took Snowball for a walk around the neighborhood and found so many treasures to behold. I can't understand how we can be living in absolute bliss at the same time those precious people involved in the Virginia Tech massacre saga are in an absolute hell. These are questions I try to give up to the universe, but honestly they do haunt me. We offer our hearts and most sincere condolences and best wishes for a full and whole recovery to all involved and effected by the events of that tragedy.
Our weekend has been filled with working pleasures, and lots of forward accomplishments. You know that 2 steps forward, 1 step back thing ... well, we must be experiencing the forward momentum and it's GREAT! We got up Saturday morning, and I started sewing costumes (that time of year again!) ... and Paul started dusting off the Saab!!!!! We both worked diligently all day Saturday on our individual projects, and at last ... I heard the Saab fire up with its own special vigor ... and I have to admit, it comes with a big sense of pride, for Paul, me & the Saab! :-) I, on the other hand, am still sewing ... not as "neat" of a project as his getting the Saab running, I'm afraid! I'm making really cute tops for a group of woman cloggers who have a competition next weekend. It's a bit of a "crunch" ... and women seem to change measurements from one week to the next, so it's a real interesting project! Anyway, Paul & I took a trip to the Walmart Superstore in Elizabethon, TN ... and went to eat at Fatz and ended up at an antique car show on the strip in Elizabethon. It was fun ... there were some gorgeous old cars there! Our hardware store owner friend, Steve Brinkley had his classic 56 or 57 Thunderbird on display. (One of his 3, that is) There was a HUGE variety of cars, both things I'd seen and never seen before. Maybe Paul will get the opportunity to display his Saab before the end of the summer. It could be fun?!?!
Today (Sunday) we got up to more of the same projects. There was an issue with the Saab's carburetor, which apparently healed itself overnight! He drove the Saab to the workshop this morning, picked up the work truck, brought home our claw foot tub, went back to the workshop and drove the Saab home ... via the falls, and was so excited with the way it's running and being in the driver's seat once again! It's pretty cool to see the Saab running, I have to confess! And he looks so darn cute driving it ;-).
Again, my costume sewing was just an ongoing drudgery. WHY, oh WHY do I volunteer for these things!?!?!?!? It's was GORGEOUS outside ... anyway ... about 2pm Paul began the tin back splash install behind the kitchen sink and stove. Isn't is GREAT!?!? I'm so excited with the way it turned out and totally impressed that he can do these things! It's so nice to have a resident genius around! I took the costumes up to the studio for fittings ... much more work to make them all look good ... and fit!
Looks like the next project for the house is the claw foot tub. So for now it's on the front porch (can you say Deliverance???) and we will begin the sanding and painting project for an installation HOPEFULLY next weekend. We'll see about that. But you can imagine my being anxious to get it off of the front porch. And as much as that thing weighs, I don't think we'll be moving it around too much! So, that story is to be continued. I guess I can always just get it right side up and take my baths out there when it gets warm enough! Ye haw!
Paul is x-boxing now (well deserved R&R) and I'm going to clean the kitchen and get to bed so I can continue the costume making tomorrow. We're hoping for Pedro and his family to be here on Saturday so I'd like to get the house cleaned up before they arrive! That means the costumes have to get finished! Wouldn't be April without costume crunches now, would it??
We're in hopes that all of you are well, and enjoying the spring time with all of your hearts. Until next time, Paul & Cheri
p.s. Please keep good thoughts for those folks from Va Tech who are trying to piece their lives back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment