Friday, March 23, 2007

Spring, indeed!







Oh my gosh! It's gorgeous here! The temperature is supposed to climb all the way to 70 and above for the next few days. I must admit, it's delightful to be warm! The daffodils are popping up every where, not to mention the tulips and all the other bulbs that are here. These daffodils have even been snowed on and they're still hanging in there! We have NO idea what lies beneath our top soil, so it's been great fun waiting to see what peeks its little head out when the sun come up! I see yard and garden work in our near future! :-) I'm quite sure that makes Paul a bit nervous, as it might mean some heavy work for him ... but the earth child in me is jumping up and down with happy dances. Our neighbor, Bruce, has a friend who has offered us "as much as you want" of his tilled land to plant our garden. Since we've changed our eating to mostly fruits, veggies and proteins, this will come in mighty handy! It'll be fun to grow our own food (again for me ... first time for Paul) and have plenty of FRESH veggies! That is not what happens here during the winter, I've discovered! YIKES! Coming from Florida where veggies are fresh all year round ~ it's a BIG gasp to look at the veggies here around mid February ... shriveled and limp green beans are NOT very appetizing!
Today's plan is painting the stair trim upstairs and the chair rail and trim in the master bedroom ... and maybe finishing the curtains if I can make myself stay inside. Otherwise, I might just begin garden duty ... there is always raking and etc. to do ... and if mother nature beckons, I'm there! We are beginning our ballroom dance classes tonight, and I understand the first dance is "swing" ... so we are truly looking forward to it! There is also my daily trip to the coffee and antique shop ... oh yeah, I got a chair yesterday that needs to be sanded and painted, but is a great old oak school chair! Paul took another load of empty boxes and wrapping stuff that we've finally UNWRAPPED to the dump today! HuRRaY!!! The house is filling now with our "stuff" ... and we aren't looking like the minimalists I'm sure our neighbors thought we might be. BOY, will they be surprised when we finally get everything undone! So will we, but that's beside the point! ;-)
Random things:
* My nephew turned 21 years old yesterday! Happy birthday, again, Derek! Congratulations! I heard a rumor the Air Force is in your future. Good luck with that!
* Beauregard, my brother's beautiful male cat, escaped the inner walls and is out and about in Suwanee, GA. As any of you who are pet owners can imagine, Wayne (my brother) is worried sick and beside himself with concern. Please, if you have a spare moment, send out some energy and good thoughts, and ask Beau Beau to GO HOME! 2 days is long enough for the is adventure of General Beauregard!
* Paul's mum, "B", has had a great post-op report back from her doctor and is on the healing path now. She and Paul's dad, Mel, were going to come up in mid April but have postponed until June or July. That gives "B" more time to heal and Paul more time to make arrangements for golf for he and his dad! The courses here are GORGEOUS and I'm sure that's where they'll be!
* Paul & I are going to get the 3 grandsons June 16th for a week! That is also the oldest grandson's 7th birthday (Austin). My goodness, the time flies right by! We're very excited about the upcoming week, and have begun resting up for it!!!!!
* Pedro and his family are coming to visit the last weekend in April. This is the man who took days out of his life to help us load the truck, come with the truck to NC, unload the truck, and fly home ... all in 3 days. He's still our favorite hero (not to mention the only person as crazy as Paul) and we're excited to show he and his family the improvements since he was here in the house's VERY RAW state!
Well, the day is getting wound up, and I must get out there and do things lest moss will grow under my feet. We just can't have that! Happy 1st weekend of spring to everyone! Enjoy!!
Paul & Cheri

1 comment:

  1. Ballroom dancing! Yeah! Sounds fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete